Medical universities recognize that the academic qualification based on secondary school transcripts is not always equivalent of the good academic preparation required to pass the admission test for their MD programs. To meet this need, the University of Warmia and Mazury School of Medicine in Olsztyn offers a very successful academic program called the International Gateway to Science and Medicine Program. It is a conditional admission, pre-medical foundation program designed for high quality students (IELTS 5.5 or higher) who need higher English language proficiency for academic success and solid preparation in English for these major subjects:
The IGSM program includes university admission counseling and participation in Cultural Connections activities. Our environment offers small classes, extensive personal contact with faculty, and Polish Language to help you be actively engaged both in and out of the classroom. In this way you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful doctor.
We are here to help you achieve your goals at Medical School!
Additional useful information:
Students who qualify academically for MD program at the University and achieve IELTS lower than 5.5 will qualify for Advanced Academic English Language International Gateway to Science and Medicine pre-med program at our institution.
This year we offer two choices of our “International Gateway to Science and Medicine” pre-med course.
- A 9-month course, which will start at the beginning of 23rd October 2017.
- A 6-month intensive course, which will start at the beginning of 5th March 2018.
Upon completion of the IGSM foundation year and attainment of satisfactory English language test scores (IELTS 5.5 or higher), students will be eligible for full time admission and matriculation in the 6-year MD program provided you obtain a good Medical School Admission Test (MSAT) score and are a student in good standing with the university.
Benefits of the International Gateway to Science and Medicine foundation program:
- Acceptance to a highly competitive program with conditional admission to a Medical University
- Preparation for success at an international level through gradual and guided introduction to university academics
- English language training in modern biology, chemistry, physics and associated sciences
- Interactions with medical students
- Participation in Cultural Connections events